Hiroshima
On the weekend, a few of us Shimonosekians swapped the cloud and rain for two very sunny days of shopping and fun (and early celebrations of Gillian's birthday) in Hiroshima. Yay, the big city! Ate some yummy Indian food, then Thai food, then actual Subway sandwiches the next day (haven't had those in ages). Some tourists on the ferry to Miyajima sarcastically commented about how very Japanese our choice of lunch was. Whatever.
I really like Hiroshima, it's a beautiful city with a lot of character and I feel like it's sort of multicultural (for Japan, anyway). I also like that there are tourists there; makes things more interesting, but maybe that's just because I'm too used to living/working with a lot of tourists around back home.
Hiroshima is one of Yamaguchi-ken's neighbours, but unfortunately I'm on the opposite end of the prefecture and we spent 4 hours on the local trains to get there. Well worth it though!
A-Bomb Dome with Willow tree.
Becky eating yummy Indian food.
The view of the river and Peace Park from our hotel
Good hair, great dog!

In the playground at 4am
Selena and Gillian
I really like Hiroshima, it's a beautiful city with a lot of character and I feel like it's sort of multicultural (for Japan, anyway). I also like that there are tourists there; makes things more interesting, but maybe that's just because I'm too used to living/working with a lot of tourists around back home.
Hiroshima is one of Yamaguchi-ken's neighbours, but unfortunately I'm on the opposite end of the prefecture and we spent 4 hours on the local trains to get there. Well worth it though!
A-Bomb Dome with Willow tree.
Becky eating yummy Indian food.
The view of the river and Peace Park from our hotel
Good hair, great dog!
In the playground at 4am
Selena and Gillian

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home