September 24, 2006

A Day in Taipei

On my way to Canada I had a 10 hour stopover in Taipei. Unfortunately by the time I had taken the bus from the airport to the city it was quite foggy and rainy, but I bought an umbrella and went in search of temples and excitement anyway. Main things I noticed that set the city apart from any other big city were that there were A LOT of people riding scooters and there were signs outside the subway entrances saying "To prevent the spread of avian flu, please do not bring poultry into the metro." People were generally nice, and were not as shy about talking to me as people in Japan can be, but they were also a bit pushy in crowded places (but maybe I'm just too used to living in a small city ;) .


Longshan Temple










The Taipei 101, currently the world's tallest building. I went up to the top, but because of the rain there wasn't much of a view, so I won't post any pictures of that.

Yay bubble tea! I went on to have even more of it once I got to Canada, but I had to try some in its country of origin!

Shilin Night Market

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home